Sunday, February 13, 2011

Why I Write

I write to please myself and God who has given me the gift of words. When I was younger I was called a dreamer by my parents and teachers. That is until I reached high school when my English teacher Mrs. White didn't see a dreamer but a writer. She took me under her wing so to speak and tried to tutor me on grammar and how to take my thoughts and put into words.After high school I started to write poetry, this became my main source of writing for a few years. I wrote mostly to help my friends with special occasions and to help others get through difficult times in their life. I started writing short stories when the muse hit me. When I write it seems to flow effortlessly like God giving me words to say.

I admire writers both past and present from Hemingway  Stephen King. I haven't had anything published yet but I haven't given up either. Currently I'm writing children's stories and spiritual stories. I started writing children's stories after my son came home from his first grade class and informing me then I had one week to write stories that featured everyone in his class. Because that day they were asked what their fathers did for a living and he said that I was the best writer he ever knew. After consulting teacher I began to write the stories, ever since then I've been hooked on writing children's stories, especially after seeing the children's eyes light up when they were part of the story.

I enjoy writing, writing everything from children's stories to spiritual stories. Simply put I write because  I love to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment